Mar 22, 2021
Glenn Haussman and Chris Green, the CEO of Chesapeake
Hospitality share a lively and encouraging discussion about the
green shoots sprouting as the travel & hospitality sector
recovers. This session was held for the Entrepreneur's
- Chesapeake was very conservative with their cash leading up to
the pandemic - 18 months of payroll in the bank. They
sacrificed much to ensure that they could keep their leadership
team intact for the recovery.
- They really watched and managed their cash on a daily
- Hotel assets might be able to be picked up this year at a
15-20% discount from their 2019 levels.
- Best growth opportunities in the 65-115 room "Box Hotels" -
easy to operate, and might be able to find owner/operators who want
to get out of the business. Not in major metros, but around
- Interesting ratio to judge hotel occupancies: TSA Daily
throughput : Hotel Nights booked = 1.85
- Massive Upturn coming for hospitality.